Saturday 16 May 2009

SECONDS OUT

the worrying,and strangely,the comforting thing,about the conflicts all "mentally ill"people [negative label, i apologise]manage in our day to day lives,is that we have never really been alone.however alone you may feel someoneWILL understand,you can ,be who you want to be ,we all have the same choices/rights.given the right resources ,and faith in ourselves[we are all stronger than we give ourselves credit for]i know ,this conflict can be turned around.many years previously,having been a mass of pure [negative]emotion, i tried to take my own life[having no faith in my own resilience]a C.P.N. TOLD ME ,having damaged myself so often[this was by no means an isolated incident]that i must be here for a reason,she also confessed i would make a good C.P.N.these affirmations have stuck with me,only now , ican see ,she was right.[my warmest blessings to you elaine].it took twenty years to get here ,but i AM here.in a funny way ,it has been destiny.the motivation is coming, the real fight starts here DING! DING!

4 comments:

  1. Dear David,
    As you know, empathy is truly the key to all of this. Please continue to draw strength from those who are really here for you.
    I think of my mental illness as a bizarre blessing. I have been humbled by my mental health issues. Yet, despite this, I have discovered that, through the power of the written word and the ongoing support of those who display genuine caring, that I, like you, have the right to be valued.
    Round 2 David and you continue with renewed inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. greetings gary,i do know what you mean,by a blessing,ir helps one to see others in their true light [without demeaning them]and humimlity is a rare quality,you truly posess.and i can openly say i am starting to believe in myself .through ,in no small part to your good self/dixie, and a growing number of good hearted ,empathetic folk.peace brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi david.s,
    Here's the 'touchstone' for me: right resources, and faith in myself to move bit by bit. To say 'step by step' may be too large of an area for me to comfortably move. I think I'm okay with that right now... I'm still inspired to hope. Thank you for this post!
    Good wishes to you, Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  4. a warm welcome dixie,hope is the cornerstone of progress/motivation.little steps ,as they sayare needed.ihave great faith in you dixie,as do many others ,more than you know.thank you for your gracious comments,your comments are always worthy.

    ReplyDelete