Wednesday 13 May 2009

genesis;wheredoes it start?

so ,this is ,me dave.s.i am 48 yrs old [live at home]and for most of my life have lived with depression/anxiety, and the uncertainty that goes with it .i recall standing in the schoolyard, wondering why ,at 4yrs old ,i felt profoundly alone ,seperate,apart.throughout school, and,even now i have stood in others shadows,who am i ?i guess that ,was the start of my troubles.not being allowed to be myself,trying in vain ,to fit in[round peg,square hole]and being abused because i did not.who do i trust ,they all seem to let me down?it is with me always,even in my dreams,so i try to distract my thoughts to others,in my teens ,i was plagued by self doubt ,indifference, and confusion,and little ,or no faith in myself ,or others.friendless,isolated,hopeless.the past few years ,have seen me realise, that i do possess,good qualities,of use to others.only now ,after decades of self loathing,iam now beginning to value myself,and have come to realise i am capable of attaining gaols i had all butr elinquished.the time has come for this flower to blossom.iam now realising my true worth.AMEN!

4 comments:

  1. AMEN! INDEED! I love what you have shared; it takes tremendous courage and it is not wasted on me. What I am amazed at: how can you be telling what I've come to think was my life for so long?
    Maybe all of us 'unknowns' are gravitating toward each other? Thank you for sharing this wonderful post.
    Bestest wishes, Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much dixie,your empathy is both touching and heartwarming to me ,i am thriilled to be in touch with you again,i really miss your incisive remarks and non judgemental approach,it is one of the voices of reason i have learned so much from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear David,
    That's it. Now is the time to fully understand that you have capabilities. Embrace your goals, dreams and aspirations. You can do this because you will never again give others permission to devalue you and your humanity. AMEN brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gary,it is a time of change for me now,not to seek confidence,but to empower myself, now that i know i can "take action" [no puns please]these transitions need to take place, for the greater good of all who i care for ,and have shown faith in me, iknow i can make a difference.words are not enough to spellout my true gratitude for your total support and candour.

    ReplyDelete