Tuesday 12 May 2009

i have finally made the leap

this has been a long time coming!before i begin,there are so many people who have inspired, and encouraged me to write down my thoughts,feelings to try to se for myself ,if i am able to be as expressive as i would wish,my warmest blessings to you all., where to start?i 'll just say that ,first of all ,i am single 48 yrs old [still at home!]this is really about my perceptions through the eyes of someone who has "mental health problems" and my experiences/relationships[mostly short, and painful]and what i see ,sometimes ,as a conflict between my values ,lack of self belief,in a hostile world[more negativity]the positive sidee ,is that i now know i have a choice,as tto how i deal with my own thoughts,which i believe colours the world as i see it.i am ,in my heart, someone who loves words ,is an avid motorcycles fanatic, and my world is enhanced in evry way ,by all kinds o f music.my aim ,like so many,is to challenge the negative perceptions of people with any kind of mental health prolbems,nobodies perfect!1 the important thing is ,this is a start,apologies to all ,it wil get better![good intentions, eh/?

4 comments:

  1. Bravo David,
    This is a wonderful beginning and I hope I'm welcome to come along. You have always inspired me to be straight up about my issues.
    I look forward to 'meeting' the colours you use to solve the world's 'alien' heart.
    My sincerest wishes, Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. bless you ,dixie,thank you for your support in my new adventure .you do know it is down to you /klahanie that i even believed this could be possible.your warmth ,and inner beauty,have ,not only inspired me ,but sustained me [;emtionally] when i had noone else,it will be a a joy to connect with you,on my own terms,welcome ,its good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings David,
    Welcome to the world of blogging. This is your opportunity to discover what can be a positive resource in your ongoing journey towards a better life.
    As you know, we both are trying to eliminate the unfair stigma that still surrounds mental health issues. With transparency, David, you can start working through these issues that have dominated your life in a negative way.
    So pleased that you have started to blog. Please understand that I am here for you. You have choices and you can now embrace positive possibilities rather perceive that life is just a series on negative inevitabilities.
    Welcome aboard David. Empathetic wishes, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very warm thank you for your welcome,the issues you speak of,are now being put in their proper place, the past.i too ,know of the stigma and sheer ignorance surrounding such problems, and make it my real quest ,to reduce, and give people ,the empowerment to make choices, based on personal experience.peace be with you ,bigman.

    ReplyDelete