Friday 18 September 2009

sad ,but true

This is what I GET ,FOR GIVING ALL OF MYSELF,HELPING WHO I CAN,AND DOING MY ABSOLUTE BEST.I have never put in more effort to help myself,and I am ,at best an also ran,in someone elses shadow.Where are friends ,when I need someone to talk to ,in person,company,unless I make the running ,no-one bothers.NOT good for my self-esteem,which is eroding with every minute,one person ,is on My side [mother],when she goes ,I will go too ,what point is there being where no-one cares whether I live or die.In short ,we exsist for each other,no more no,less.I am tired of being tolerant ,making allowances for others ,and paying for it.After 48yrs, I still have no-one who is willing to be there, when I need them the most.Which is why,at this moment,Mum is in hospital ,with me left alone,while all other are confiding in their friends,it is way too late to pretend that things will change now.I was there this morning ,there when my parent thought she was dying ,in the ambulance,at the hospital,left alone back at home to soak in the despair.Why make any effort ,all I get is overlooked.This is a dev astating time,who cares enough to sit with me ,and just be there /.....................................

6 comments:

  1. I do, as a friend, although my being there is being online. Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dave,
    To echo jewel's comment, there's not really much to say when you are feeling so down, other than that your "online" friends are there for you. Please, Dave, don't let all this defeat you, I, for one, do not believe that anyone with the sensitivity and intelligence you have is an "also ran".
    Keep trying and With Very Best Wishes,
    David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear David,
    I hope I entered my sign in right. Friday, I could not leave a post; don't know what I did exactly. So I apologise for arriving late with a message for you.
    I am saddened to hear of your Mum, and your situation. We do the best living we know how to do and then move on. So glad you can be by her side. It's never easy when you're alone, no matter what's going on. Especially if 'alone' describes my emotional being. There are plenty of times when I am here at home without company. I've had to learn to be the best company for me. I deserve it. So do you, my friend. I send my heart in understanding.
    Sometimes I'd like to hear from someone I've really shared my world with, but they're not available. Or, possibly, they avoid my pain because they know not how to help me process it. It's tough to accept other people's shortcomings... and yet we want them to accept our's too.
    David, everything you're writing makes perfect sense to me. I don't have any words of wisdom. I only know that I feel better when I make the effort to contact my friend in pain. Left to my own devices, I might have done terrible things to me, long ago. Thanks to you, and people of your caliber, I reach out to the ones who first comforted me. Thank you for this very emotive post. Love and best wishes,
    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  4. jEWEL,you are a constant source of compassion ,and a gentle spirit,is ag great help at all times,bless you for this.PEACE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hEY,dIXIE,YOUR CONTACT ,IS VERY MUCH NEEDED AT THIS TIME,YOU HAVE NEVER LET ME DOWN,AND YOUR WISDOM IS PRICELESS.BEING SELF DESTRUCTIVE,IT IS TOUGH TRYING TO HELP MYSELF[EMOTIONALLY]AND PEOPLE NEVER SEEM TO BE HERE WHEN I NEED THEM.I HAVE TO ACCEPT ,THAT THEY HAVE THEIR ISSUES TO WRESTLE WITH.THINGS WILL COME GOOD.PEACE.Dave.s

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello ,david ,it is gracious of u to add your support ,along with other good people here.It is due to this ,that I will keep on moving forward,no matter how arduous it is.I am heartened to hear of your faith in me ,it is reciprocated.PEACE

    ReplyDelete