Thursday 10 September 2009

being myself

I will try to be open about my feelings ,recently,theres been an imbalance in my life .I am insecure in my relationships,to the point of self destruction,and its not getting any better.I suppose that I should be thankful for any relationships,as everyone knows,they can be painful,and with a combination of a sequence of unfortunate coincidences,is pushing things to the brink.Trying to find some perspective in all this,is what I am lacking,a step back is important to see the reality.Patience is an ongoing theme in these posts,thats because,it is vital in my management of problems in everyday life.Instead of looking for people to let me down,I should be better to myself,take more care of myself,make sure my health is taken care of ,before worrying about others.People keep telling me ,I am too hard on myself,how do I stop that?Years of constant digs and chipping at my confidence,has left me almost believeing this ROT.I do know the truth,is so different,I now know ,that I am caring ,compassionate,decent,open -minded ,intelligent person.Yet ,I have to keep this forever in the forefront of my mind,while all this garbage is festering in the subconscious,only now ,has it been brought to the fore,causing all this misery,and anguish.Heres me ,thinking I had dealt with all these issues,and they come right back to haunt me.To try and put a positive spin on this,[heres the hard bit]I now know that I can go through all this ,yet still remain intact,re;I still have self respect,honesty, and compaassion.I am still here,better for it,another lesson learned.

4 comments:

  1. Dear David,
    Perhaps it would make you feel a little better to know that feeling as you do can sometimes be the result of stigma as well as our illnesses. In that way, you can be sure that it is the outside world that is at fault, not some inherent failing in yourself. You can also, then, direct any feelings of anger or hopelessness into perhaps fighting that stigma. I know this has worked for me, so just thought I would share it with you, as you have been so brave in revealing your feelings in your blogs.
    Yours in Hope and with Very Best Wishes,
    David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,David,of course I have first hand experience of stigma [still do].I realise that most of the apathy/ignorance,is not due to myself ,there are many who are afraid of things they do not understand.Part of my quest .to volunteer,is to get involved in situations in which I can help others understand these problems,and alleviate them.thank you so much for yourcomment,and continued support.PEACE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear David,
    Yes. Self respect, self love... so very important. How often I read what you're saying and know I still struggle too. I'm grateful you share. It gives me 'in' sight. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ,Dixie,your words speak volumes to me,and I join you in your struggle,it is not an easy road.Your inspiration has given me the resource of this blog,sso that I am able to share ,so thank you for that.IN PEACE.Dave.s

    ReplyDelete