Sunday 2 August 2009

Zen , and the art of knowing myself.[BIKES]

Having just been in the shed,cleaning my motorcycle[gsxr1000]it got me thinking about more positive times[past,and to come].Isuppose its the freedom,the choices ,and the sense of control that has held me to it ,despite some tough times.In the early days,it was the groups of us discovering our identities/having fun.Nowadays more about independence, than anything else.IT COULD BE LIKENED to the changes throughout my life,being more of a solitary person now,sometimes ,by choice.There is a kind of ,focus,directness ,when riding ,which transcends other thought,almost automatic,but deep concentration.It directs all senses to their task,when i am in this state,all worry goes,pain diminishes,i am in the now.If i could bring that level of almost serenity,in everyday life,how much more tranquil would i become?Iknow that ,when i am cleaning my Bike ,i also achieve a peaceful state. It is the mere act ,of focussing on one particular task[gardening,reading,carpentry,physical work.Iknow ,that my mind wanders ,otherwise,pondering the negative [Why the negative,mainly past events,not living in the now]Despite what has happened ,in the past[good and bad]the only thing it should teach me , is to change my mistakes in the present .[does that make sense]

4 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    I know what you mean about doing the cleaning and allowing freedom of the present to come inside. You've got me interested in cranking up some music, cleaning my own little vehicle too. Maybe I can get out more on my own, & remember what you've shared. Oh yes, this makes sense!
    "Present and accounted for."
    Wishing you happy moments,
    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ,Dixie,thanks oncce again ,for your interaction glad it makes sense to someone!Ido agree this for method of relaxation it works for me ,get those cleaning agents out , and get to it,you go girl!Thanks for your support.Peace in your heart.Dave.s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David,
    The freedom of the open road and time to focus on the contentment that immerses you.
    You have freedom with your choices and living in the now can be so good.
    Thanks for sharing this blog with us, David.
    Kind wishes, Gary:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your supportive comments,you do have an innate understanding of people,i seem to lack .Doesnt stop me trying though[people do say i am very trying]We all have choices,making the right ones ,is the hard part.Warmest wishes Gary,PEACE ,Dave.s

    ReplyDelete