Sunday 30 August 2009

small steps

Glad to be here,but i will try not to rush ,be myself,"small steps".Stay positive , i keep repeating[it might work]be consistent and stay open to situations.Thats a difficult thing,not wanting to push forward and progress,takes the edge off positivity.I AM FOREVER looking at past situations ,which ended in me hurt, because of my trust.See things in their true light ,not just from my angle.look at all sides.Do i chance trusting ,and risk getting indifference?too much ,pathways getting crossed in my mind,lack of focus.I cant say,nobody has all the answers ,that would be too easy.This weekend has been something of an epiphany,time will show whether good ,or bad.I am surprised by my support ,and resources,yet still cannot enjoy them,does history always repeat itself?There is no answer ,only questions from me ,am i deserving of friendship,happiness,contentment?I ,it can be i know others struggle with these issues,you are not alone,many people get hurt ,it can be turned around,persistence,and faith ,but some kind of self belief does,sometimes help.As you can tell, I am still holding my breath,waiting for the fall,but i will keep believing my future will open up,and the real me ,will emerge,the me I have always known exists,that open ,loving,serene,passionate,me nobody knows.

4 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    I try to learn lesson from my past. There has been much trauma in my life. Yet, with lessons learnt, I have become more determined to live in an environment that is healthy for my well being.
    If we keep waiting for someone or something to let us down; then we are always going to be anxious and stressed out.
    When I've been let down, disrespected, rejected and dismissed by people and that has happened many times; I now realise that it is best to move on, to explore new possibilities, that will cause me contentment not resentment.
    Stay strong, my friend. Keep sending out positive thoughts to those who care. I send you positive wishes for a better life.
    In empathy, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ,Gary,thank you for your continued support,and company.You and I have much in common[both good and bad],it iss a constant learning curve at the moment.These disrespectful people ,are best left to themsselves,we are better than that.Respect ,and compassion is free,why not spread some around?Peace,things WILL work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear David,
    At the first 'sign' of trouble I run. I begin to tear my self-esteem down; blaming me for whatever happens. It had become so second nature, it felt normal. Well, phooey on that!

    My self-love and respect has grown. I find it refreshing to have positive thoughts. They help me take positive actions. Though I am not 'out of the woods'.. I too take small steps.

    Once again you've written about things that touch my part, and I empathise.
    Respect, Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ,Dixie,GOOD FOF YOU,self respect is so important to personal development,and confidence.I can relate to self blame,too well,its a big step forward ,having a good self -image,sounds like you found that out!I am so glad you can empathise with this blog.Bless you for taking the time out to comment.PEACE.

    ReplyDelete