Wednesday 27 January 2010

self-belief/how far does it go?

A few months ago,I decided to try to start a group ,at weekends,for those,like myself,needing support.I was offered help,which never materialised,it seems no-one believed in me.The situation has not changed,I still struggle, needlessly ,at weekends,its lack of empathy ,and indifference.There is so much indifference in myy life,right now ,I am determined to stay positive,despite this.My heart was set on helping myself ,and anyone else I could,the best of intentions ,it would seems ,is not enough.I sensed a certain amount of ridicule ,that I should attempt such a thing, a lack of commitment, and co-operation ,has put an end to this dream,cut in the embryonic stages ,without a chance.This has hurt me more than others would know,most would seem intent on giving comment from afar ,but nothing else.Given the right support ,I know I could have made this happen ,and was serious about doing so.It is dissapointing ,to say the least, having done my best to help/encourage others,to have drawn a blank I am still involved in helping others,and will continue to be,it feels like the knowledge I have gained over the years ,is being wasted,and that is soul destroying.This posting is necessary ,to show my true feelings in this matter,it would appear I am still alone,all things told ,when it comes to hand on support/empathy.This will not change my focus on wanting to help others,even if ,as it seems ,no-one else is willing to step in with me.PEACE.Dave.s

4 comments:

  1. Dear Dave.s,
    I'm very glad to see that you're still writing; that, for certain, is a way to communicate help to others, like me. Thank you.

    I started down a path a while back and have done everything I could do to get my hopes and dreams to materialise. Some days it feels like I'm farther away, not closer. I take a step, but then a wall of disagreement appears and there goes the goal up in smoke. Frustration is a four letter word.

    I'm thinking to try a different way all together. Forget the previous dream and move toward something more possible. Ironically it's taken this 'while of struggle' to realise my actual limitaions. I think it's good to know what I can expect from me. I think it's good that I've become a better listener to me and to others. But I wouldn't know any of this if I hadn't tried. I'm glad I did. :)

    You keep going, Dave.s; it's only one friend at a time any way. I say friend, because it's hard to remain acaquaintences when you share on a deep level. I'm pulling for you. Respectfully, with cheers, Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,DIXIE,thank you once again for your gracious words,I think we both can understand the conflict within ourselves,it is never easy to let go of a dream.Especially when it feels like it never got a fair chance,apathy,is never a good thing,dissapointing,in my experience ,it is rife.Thank you for your friendship,you can be sure I will be pulling for you too.I am lucky to have such compassionate support.PEACE.Dave.s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dave.s,
    Just wanted to say hello to you.
    In kindness,
    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dave,
    Just dropped by to say hello. You have not posted in a while, which seems unlike you, so wondered where you had got to.
    Wishing you good health and with Very Best Wishes,
    David.

    ReplyDelete